Industrial battery charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

tecnolugo

Electrical
Nov 28, 2017
ES
Hello everyone!
I am looking for an industrial battery charger, and I need a bit of help. I need a battery charger digitally controlled and programmable. With hybrid tecnology High frecuency 60Hz IGBT. I saw some webs, like Amperis one and they has one with DC output from 12 to 700 VDC (just like I need)but the problem is that I need 600A

II will read your answers with interest. thanks!!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Not all chargers have thyristors, it was just a note...I need a complete set of charging curves, and have the possibility to programme new ones.

Why can't you be specific about the type, size, and voltage of the battery you need charged?
Your initial posting casually threw out a range of 12 volts to 700 volts.
There is no battery in the world that varies between those two voltage levels.

STF

Obviously SparWeb,...We have batteries with 12V, 48V and 700V. It would be great if the battery charger had this range.[/b] If I could charge with my own curves in high efficiency.

600 Amps at 700 Volts DC? That's over 600 Amps AC from a three phase 400 Volt circuit.
You may have to find a charger that will mitigate distortion power factor.
You may have to "roll your own" or have a charger custom designed and built.
Tesla may be able to help you.

Bill
--------------------
"Why not the best?"
Jimmy Carter

You will use very different machines to charge at 12V, 24V or 48V than to charge at 700V- and you almost certainly do NOT need to charge at 700 V 700 A (i.e. 0.5 megawatts)...

Most commercial chargers are 220V DC maximum because there are few requirements higher than this and those handful of requirements will require a custom-built solution.

AEG Belecke and Benning, both in Germany, would be worth talking to.

Actually, googling Amperis and then thinking a bit more about the (presumed...) intended application, there are a couple of other manufacturers you could try. Bitrode is one, there's another manufacturer that I've seen used for battery formation, but I can't think of the name at the moment.

Your best option is to talk to the manufacturers and see what they can offer.

EDMS Australia

Thank you for the tips. I have called to Amperis, and saw at his web as well other options (www.amperis.com)
I have also asked at Bitrode, as FreddyNurk suggested me, but I can´t talk with them... I still trying. Thanks a lot for your colaboration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back