Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inertia Relief

Status
Not open for further replies.

vcolella

Mechanical
Jun 21, 2018
BR
I'm trying to do a simple example analysis with Inertia Relief in NX Nastran to better understand how it works. Imagine an axle on 'y' axis supported by one side and torque being applied on the same side. The following doubts arised in my mind:

[ul][li]Considering a 1D model of the shaft, could I constrain dofs 12346 with an SPC card and add a SUPORT card to dof 5 ? Does that make sense ? My intention is to see the effects of the inertial loads on the axle when it starts to rotate. [/li][/ul]

[ul][li]What is the difference between SUPORT and SUPORT1 cards ? Siemens's documentation (see link) wasn't very helpful.[/li][/ul]

[ul][li]If I specify INREL -1, do I have to specify GRDPNT ? And if so, does it have to be the same node where my SUPORT is defined ?[/li][/ul]

Also, please let me know if I'm going the wrong way about this and should use something else instead of a SOL101 with Inertia Relief.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It will be fine if you attach some further pictures or even model. I think that your simple 1D model can be solved without inertia relief but without some visual information it is hard to give advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back