Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Info wanted on manufacturing household appiances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norman

Mechanical
Feb 1, 1999
GB
College lecturer is looking for some schematics and breakdowns of&nbsp;&nbsp;manufacturing processes<br>involved in making simple household appliances such as a&nbsp;&nbsp;steam iron,<br>coffee machine, hairdrier etc. also any production charts for making these<br>items inbulk/ mass&nbsp;&nbsp;production.<br><br>Any such info would be useful.<br><br>Regards Norman<br>

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Norman,<br><br>I cant help you directly with a black box manufacturing process for household appliances.....<br><br>but if you look in the book 'Lean Thinking'&nbsp;&nbsp;by Jones and Womack,&nbsp;&nbsp;I think I remember seeing a similar process for a Coca Cola can, which may help you to draw the process, it will depend how detailed you want it to be.<br><br>Also I used to work at a factory, where they made White goods, and the process from memory was basically, receive raw matls, press/form metal parts, heat enamel/ceramic to fix to metal where needed, join parts together (fix with fasteners / glue), add electric parts, and assemble & test.&nbsp;&nbsp;Basically.<br><br>Also these may help:<br><br><A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> to make a compact disc)<br><A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> links)<br><A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> a car assembly line)<br><br>hope this helps.<br><br>Joy<br>

Most of the household appliances like coffee makers and such have Injection molded, stamped and machined parts. Those processes may be the key focus of your research.

Hope it helps

Most of home appliances producst needs electricity. I noticed that the most problem that these products encounter was about electrical safety. You may want to study about international electrical standard , released by IEC. But as far as I know, the Philippines has the highest standard in electrical safety, and only just recently they apply these standard to their home appliances industries.
By the way if you interested in production schematic on refrigerator products, I can make you one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back