Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Initial stress imported from .odb file

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyforever85

Jun 22, 2010
US
Hi all,
I'm trying to import residual stress profile from a previous model to a second one. I'm keeping the same model, same elements (and their name), same nodes, the only thing that are changing are the material properties. I want to insert the residual stress profile from the model 1 to the model 2. I'm following the abaqus documentation but I got this error:

***ERROR: INVALID INTEGER VALUE FOR STEP
LINE IMAGE: *initialconditions, type=STRESS, file=prova_eigen, step=B_STEP,
inc=1

Does it mean that I made a mistake with the name of something? I checked the name od the step and the increment and all of them al right. Please help me!
Stefano

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I am working on a similar problem, the way I import the stress is create a predefined field -> initial state in the initial step of the second analysis (the first analysis being the only that gives the stress profile). When doing this, make sure that you request a restart file for the first analysis, otherwise the predefined field has nowhere to read from.

Hope this helps!
Dnov

Thanks Dnov for the suggestion but I found the mistake! Since you can give a name to the steps, as you can see I put the name of the step even in the +initia condition command, but abaqus wants to know only if the step is the number 1, 2 or 3 !! easier than I was expecting!

Dnov - I'm just curious how to 'request' a restart file. My analysis bails out as it cannot find the *.res file. Your reply could be very helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back