Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

InRoads Reports - xsl Stylesheet Editing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crystalct1

Civil/Environmental
Sep 27, 2005
US
I've got to put curve tables into a MicroStation file for the DOT. They need to be in a specific format. None of the stylesheets that come with InRoads out-of-box quite have what I need. They are close, and probably just need a small amount of editing. I have had limited success, but I really want to hit it out of the park. Does anyone have guidance? A place for help? A cheap xsl editing software? An already-created stylesheet?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks, Bob. This is for the NJDOT. I have a lot of electronic files from them and haven't noticed any .xsl in the group, if that is what you mean.

I understand that almost any software will edit the XSL or XML. But that is assuming you already know what you're doing as far as XSL/XML language. I want to sort things differently, create a table with a different amount of columns, different column headings, etc. The out-of-box stylesheets are almost what I need, but not quite. I want to revise the stylesheets I have, but not sure which words control what I want to change....and what I should change those words to.

I personally am not a programmer but can hack a XSL file to try and figure out what it all does so I can get the result I want. Way back when I bought a book XML for dummies that helped get me started and a lot of google searches. Not trying to be salesy but if you are still needing help we have programmers on staff that can do it for you so you can get back to designing.

Regards,
Bob Mecham

Training | Consulting | Programming
Facebook: Twitter: Youtube:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back