Inrush simulation with ATP 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

arango

Electrical
Aug 18, 2006
CO
Hello,

I asked to one of the employees of the company to do an Inrush current simulation with ATP of one transformer that is about to be connected, he handed me a model with the saturation curve included. The problem is that when you measure the voltage on the secondary, it appears with distortion, he said that it didn´t matter because it was a current simulation not a voltage simulation, anyway I think the modelshould work on all levels. Dos anyone know why this voltages are distorted? and how do I fix them?

Thanks,

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The secondary voltage is distorted because it is the result of the flux in the core (derivative of flux). And, since inrush current depends on core saturation, the flux is distorted (more a square wave than a sine wave), which means that the induced secondary voltage is highly distorted.

Why do you think that you have to do anything about the secondary voltage distortion? It is distorted only for a few tenths of a second. Not after the inrush current is over. By the way, the inrush current is also highly distorted. You accept that?

Gunnar Englund

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back