Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Insert a picture so it appears in a drawing page 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sainted

Electrical
May 14, 2005
GB
AS described in another thread started by kirkhofer I am trying to insert a picture so that it will appear in a drawing - I can get the image inserted into the part drawing but it will not show up on the Drawing page - I had a go at the instructions given in this thread but its not working for me - any suggestions.
The image is actually a photo of an LCD screen on an electronic product btw.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The method you are referring to (thread559-75660 & thread559-124126) only applies to vector (geometry) sketches NOT a bitmap image Sketch Picture.

A Sketch Picture can only be placed (& seen) in a sketch on the part model.

To view a bitmap image in a Drawing view, you will have to use the Insert > Object > Create from file feature.
Read the Help file for OLE objects

[cheers]
Making the best use of this Forum. faq559-716
How to get answers to your SW questions. faq559-1091
Helpful SW websites every user should be aware of. faq559-520

Thanks CBL and Scott - With your help I'm getting closer.
I need the LCD screen to be on a 3D view - I have got the angle I want by taking a screen grab from the part drawing and inserting the required portion (edited in paint!)as an object but I am obviously getting a "squared off" image.
Tried to CROP the required portion but no success. Do you think Photoshop might be able to give me the parallelogram image i need or am I barking up the wrong tree?

I don't believe you can create & place a parallelogram image.

Could you place the isometric screen shot image of the "electronic product" c/w LCD into the the drawing sheet, instead of trying to place just the LCD image into a view?

[cheers]
Making the best use of this Forum. faq559-716
How to get answers to your SW questions. faq559-1091
Helpful SW websites every user should be aware of. faq559-520

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back