Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inserting a "Scale" Callout

Status
Not open for further replies.

zakk

Mechanical
May 3, 2002
CA
I have a draft document consisting of two Worksheets: one with drawing views set at 1:2 scale and a second with drawing views set at 1:4 scale. I wish to place a callout in the Title Block at will display the correct scale automatically when I populate the drawing with the part. How do I get SE to pull the scale from each worksheet and place it into the callout on the Title Block?

When I place the callout and chose "Scale" from the "From Current Draft File" selection, I get "NAME?:SCALE" instead of the scale. "From Current Draft File" is the only secltion under the Callout Command that lists "SCALE". When you right click the drawing view to get the view properties, the scale is diplayed but I cannot get this value into the callout.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Not possible up to v16. I think v17 may have this functionality, but I'm not sure until I see it.

--Scott

For some pleasure reading, try FAQ731-376

Allow me to clarify.

Currently, only view scales can be listed and it is shown next to the view. You could show one view scale and move it to the title block location. But, if the scale of that view changes and no others do, then the callout will not be entirely accurate.

--Scott

For some pleasure reading, try FAQ731-376

It is not possible in V17. Best to put the view scale with the views so there is no question as to what views the scale applies to if there are different scales used.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back