Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inside Bend Radius Not Changing

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevc70

Mechanical
Jul 15, 2009
US
I have a SW model (attached) that was given to me recently. The request is to change all the inside bend radii to .125". When I go to change the sheet metal bend radius, it seems to always default back to 0.045". I've tried insering custom parametrs to get the radius to change, but it seems to default back to 0.045". Any help would be much appreciated.

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=f7b237a6-cf52-47ba-8ac4-0812ef1019bc&file=sheet_metal_part.SLDPRT
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,
The Convert-solid is using the bend radius of the solid.
Note: Tell the person who did it: in the future, they'd better extrude sketch1 as a sheet metal feature directly

Anyway, for this one, you will need to change D4@Sketch1 to 0.2in and D12@Sketch1 to 0.205in in Boss-Extrude1
You might have to adjust D3@Sketch1 to 12.72088238in and D5@Sketch1 to 2.97088238in or find a better way to dimension those bends

OMG'osh [shocked] there are a massive amount of features in this file. That could be made so better and easier than what they have done. That's crazy!

And you never start out with a Weldment, then take it to sheet metal, [machinegun] bad practice... [hairpull]

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
CAD Systems Manager
Evapar

"If it's not broke, Don't fix it!"
faq731-376

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back