Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Insight -- ECO workflow issues -- not enough columns

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncarlblom

Mechanical
May 6, 2010
US
The following is an error I receive when trying to move a file from the Released or Pre-released document library into the ECO library. Oddly, the same error occurs if I try to move a file from the ECO library into the Pre-released or Released libraries. Which makes me think there's some sort of configuration that needs to be adjusted. Here's the error:

The destination document library contains fewer SharePoint columns than the source. Add the missing properties to the destination document library, then restart the command or request your Document Control Coordinator to perform the move.

I have the 10 SE columns (Name, Title, SERevisedFrom, SEDocID, SEStatus, SEStatusUser, SELastKnownLocation, SERevisionRoot, SERevisionLevel, SELinkData). And then I've added 6 more custom columns in the following order(Part Number, Description, Order Number, Inquiry Number, Standard Model, ECO Number).

I've double-checked to be sure all columns existed in each document library, that they are in the same order, and that they are the same data type. Still, I get the error message.

Has anyone else experienced this and have a fix? If not, does anyone know where I go in the SQL database to find the columns that I've added and edit them that way?

I can save documents into the ECO library without a problem using Save As..., but this doesn't follow the workflow that I'm trying to implement.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I finally got it fixed. Despite having tried this before, this time it appeared to work. For anyone else experiencing similar problems:

I deleted all custom columns. From the Insight Server I re-ran the "Update Insight Mandatory Properties" on the ECO Document library. I then re-added my custom columns, being sure to match order, name and data type. Trying it after that seems to have worked.

Thanks for looking into it, toffeet.

No problem. This one's been stumping me for the better part of 2 weeks. I still can't figure out why that same procedure that I'd already tried finally decided to work. I'm thinking I might not have deleted the original custom columns when I tried to Update Insight Mandatory Properties last time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back