Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Insight Server Assistant Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncarlblom

Mechanical
May 6, 2010
US
I'm attempting to configure Insight Server V20 with the Insight Server Assistant (ISA) on WSS 2.0. I'm running Insight Server on a 2003 server with IIS (the sharepoint site comes up fine in IE) and connecting to a SQL Server 2005 running on a Windows 2008 server. Sharepoint has successfully connected to my SQL server without a problem.

When I run the ISA it gives me a warning sign that says, "The Configuration Database is pointing to a different server <SERVERNAME>. If you are not running with SQL Server 2000 on an alternate server, install SQL server 2000 on this server." <Servername> is the name of my SQL Server 2005.

It allows me to click next and I fill in the fields (Doc Library, Description, and Name of Web Part Page) with new information. However, when I click "Next", nothing happens and ISA is unable to create all of the other functionality that is supposed to go with it. Even if I use the defaults it won't let me proceed.

I'm wondering if anyone has any idea why this won't proceed. Do I need to create the document libraries and sites within them before I run the ISA? Is there something else I need to configure first before running the ISA? Any help anyone could give would be much appreciated.

Nathan

P.S> Not sure if it is related, but when I run the "Initializing the SQL Server", it works fine with a SQL authenticated login but not a domain login with the same permissions on the config and content databases. The domain logins that I've tried are the same ones that the application pools in IIS are using to successfully authenticate to the SQL server.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

toffeet,

I appreciate the response. I'll continue to look over the documentation to see if I can find any clues as to why this isn't working, however, I'm trying to install Insight Server V20, not ST2. I wish that was not the case considering how much better this install guide is, but, for reasons beyond my control, that is what I am stuck with.

If anyone else might have any ideas why this is happening, please let me know. Thanks.

...and thanks again, toffeet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back