Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Insight -- SEStatus Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncarlblom

Mechanical
May 6, 2010
US
Whenever I open certain files (.par, .asm, .psm) within Revision Manager, LifeCycle Assistant, or any other utility within View and Markup (Insight Connect), I get an error on a number of linked parts, "SEStatus property has invalid value 'Available' on the server. Fix this problem or contact your administrator." Sometimes the status is different, i.e. "In Work" and "Release Requested" instead of "Available". For some reason, in most cases, the "Release Requested" status error happens with Standard Parts.

It doesn't always throw this error, but it's happening a lot on an assembly that was added by end users a week or two ago.

When users first got this error, I went into the part in LifeCycle Asst and the Status dropdown wasn't there. I could enter text, so I manually entered "Available" and it passed it down to the linked documents.

I should also mention that after this error pops up, I'm given the opportunity to look at the log, and then everything appears to come up just fine. But, when I save the files, even after changing the status, I get the same errors.

Anyone have any ideas what's causing this or how I might fix it? I'd prefer not to start from scratch on this specific part since it is huge.

I'm attaching a log file. This is just from trying to open an assembly in View and Markup, but it's the exact same erros and information as from any other utility with View and Markup.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I've since attempted to change the status of the entire assembly to "In Work". I still get the error message, this time: "SEStatus property has invalid value "In Work" on the server. Fix this problem or contact your Administrator. Warning"

Additionally, when I check the status in the Insight Server web interface, it is listed as "In Work" for me. However, other users are able to open it and make changes. I was under the impression that if it was listed as "In Work" that it should be checked out to me.

I have seen it happen once or twice the past 3 years. It can happen when the Life Cycle Assistant failed to released certain files. Unfortunately I don’t know what is causing it.

Solid Edge doesn’t recognize “release requested” as a valid document status so that need to be changed manually. The only way I managed to do this was by navigating to the specific file in Windows Internet Explorer, click on the drop-down next to the file and select “edit properties”. SEStatus needs to be changed from “release requested” back to “available”, select “save and close” when done.

To find all the files do a search on your database with property = “sestatus” and criteria = “*requested”.

Regards,
Theodore

Solid Edge ST2 SP5 on WinXP x64

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back