Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Inspecting stormwater sumps

Status
Not open for further replies.

stopsunset

Mechanical
Jul 26, 2004
US
Are there any industry codes for inspecting stormwater contaniment sumps?
Any help would be apreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

define "stormwater contaniment sumps" as the type of sump and the method of inspection might vary depending on what is actually being inspected.

I think you will typically see a lot of general language which defines a period (monthly), or after significant rainfall events.

stormwater containment sump would be a below grade, reinforced concrete sump with a submersible pump used to pump out stormwater. Typcal dimensions are 10ft wide by 10 ft deep.

so you are inspecting for the following:
structural integrity of the concrete
mechanical / electrical systems are functioning correctly
if you have oil / water separator, than check that it is maintained and that the coalescing media is clean
sediment level in the sump
erosion at the inlet or outlet
inlet and outlet pipes or spillways are clear, not blocked and in good condition

from an environmental standpoint, you may also need to check for various contaminants in the water or sediment

I'm not sure I fully understand what you mean, but I can recommend a company dealing with moisture/quality measurement. Probably on their site you'll be able to find what you need. The company is reliable, I heard good reviews about their goods and services.

Quality Control Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back