Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inspection Reports - ID on drawing

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoryBreaker

Automotive
Oct 4, 2002
AU
All,

I'm looking for some information on Inspection Reports.

Currently I'm working in a product engineering environment, and we have no procedure for inspection reports, I've got experience with inspection reports, but I can't remember exactly how (in previous jobs) we used to mark on the drawing the item number (for each dimension) - is there a 'standard' way of doing this - i.e. putting the number in a traingle next to the dimension.

thanks in advance

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I am not sure that there is a "standard" way. The procedure we use is to start on page 1 of the drawing with the left or upper left view (depending on how many are on the sheet) and using a red pen, sequentially number (and then circle or "balloon" the number) the dimensions in a clockwise manner around the view (starting from the top). From there work clockwise through the views or left to right. We do not "restart" the numbering sequence from view to view. The original marked up drawing is then included with the ISIR results and filed.

Regards,

The important thing to keep in mind is the need for a system that works well for both you and your customer.
We strive to make our data package clear, and easy to follow, not just for our inspector, who knows the job well, but, for the outside inspector and the plant engineer who is looking at the package for the first time, and may not have more than a vague familiarty with the job.
So try to keep it simple, logical, and flowing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back