Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installation GMTOOLKIT 6.1 for NX 8.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcin0110a

Computer
Mar 24, 2010
PL
Is it possible to open NX 8.5 correctly using GMTOOLSKIT version 6.1 ? Now I use GMTOOLKIT version 6.1 in order to open NX 7.5. I have changed several directories in files GMTOOLKIT 6.1. and now I can open NX 8.5 but I see many errors. When NX is already open I see additional option but can’t choose them.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

While I haven't anything direct to suggest that would help you, I do have to ask you why are you attempting to use the 'GM Toolkit' with NX 8.5? My understanding is that GM is still on NX 8.0 and that it's possible that they may decide to skip NX 8.5 altogether and move directly to NX 9.0.

With that thought in mind, your best source of help with installing and using the 'GM Toolkit' would be GM itself. If you really need help with this issue, I would take it up with the people whom you've been working with at GM who arranged for you to get the toolkit in the first place.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back