Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

INSTALLING 2007 FROM CD OR DVD??

Status
Not open for further replies.

toycept

Mechanical
Jan 28, 2004
US
Does it make a difference, or... are there any benefits installing 2007 from the CD over the DVD or visa versa... other than the DVD installation providing the 64 bit version?

thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

No "insert disk X" dialog boxes when using the DVD. I'm sure that would make it a touch faster and you don't have to "baby sit" it waiting for it to finish each CD.

Not sure that helped just my two cents.

Grant
Applications Engineer
SW2006 SP 4.0
IBM InteliStation Pro M
P4 3.4 GHz, 2GB RAM
XP Pro SP2.0
NIVIDA Quadro FX 3000

Installing from the DVD just keeps things simpler by not having to switch discs.

[cheers]
Helpful SW websites faq559-520​
How to find answers ... faq559-1091​
SW2006-SP5 Basic ... No PDM​

To add to this, when running service packs you need the original media, so unless you are going for a DJ career I too suggest using the DVD...

Stefan Hamminga
EngIT Solutions
CSWP/Mechanical designer/AI student

I agree ctopher.

Cd's in particular are close to being obsolete with internet connections getting faster/being able to send large files.

DVD's will be around a few more years till you can dl that large of a file efficiently.

Opps this is way off topic. O-well it's friday and I'm bored.

Grant
Applications Engineer
SW2006 SP 4.0
IBM InteliStation Pro M
P4 3.4 GHz, 2GB RAM
XP Pro SP2.0
NIVIDA Quadro FX 3000

I make an admin share on my computer and patch it, or rather i did till i got the dvd, i still may, i patch my boss's computer also.

depends on how many computers you have to patch in the long run in my opinion....

I am in a small company with little IT support, i am the solidworks guru and i am the lead prototype machinist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back