Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing SW 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

DamianC

Industrial
Apr 6, 2004
IE
When I try to install SW2005 it gives me an internal error 2753 and when I try to remove SW04 it gives me the same error.I believe this is a windows problem.I've tried this with windows Service Pk 2 installed and I reverted back to SP01 as well,it makes no difference.I was encountering problems of recent times printing to one of our network printers (Epson),we have 2 of these printers and it wouldn't print to either but will print to a small brother I have beside my desk.I feel this all came about when done a windows update a few weeks back and installed windows service pack 2.Has anyone come up against this and do anybody have a solution for me.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

XP SP2 is NOT supported. So uninstalling SW04 will not work. Even if you move back to SP1 it's possible the Windows Installer (WI) has already been changed to the newer version.

Your Error is: 2753 - The File '[2]' is not marked for installation.

You can find these at faq559-520

You will need to contact your VAR. So they can contact SW. SW has a file that will help you get your SW off your system and also it will help in the install of it. I know because I had one of my 4 system do this recently. The Zap file they sent me work perfectly, but it's not supported by SW so it is a use at your own risk.

Regards,

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]

faq731-376

Thanks Scott that worked,got the zap file from SW and was able to uninstall SW04 and install SW05 without any problems.I still can't print to my Epson C8600-has anyone any thoughts.

You can't print at all? If it doesn't show up in your printer then it's windows. If it does then you should be able to get a print preview. if you do get a print preview on that printer then the problem is in the files. Because SW is sending the data out correctly it's the driver that is not processing it correctly.

Regards,

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]

faq731-376

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back