Instron Method for 112 sized o-rings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ulysses Soto

Materials
Apr 15, 2021
US
Hello,

Details: We have a 3400 Instron series frame with Bluehill universal software and spindles that will fit the 112 sized o-rings we'd like to test. Before switching to universal, we previously had a method for the o-rings in the old Bluehill software. The tech from Instron transferred our methods to the new universal software but we've been noticing large variations in the 50% and 100% modulus calculations. Changes of >50% between a baseline and a post-test sample are being seen even when the post test sample had no change in any of the following properties: weight, volume, hardness, tensile strength, elongation, Young's modulus. Myself and our team think it may be the way our method is calculating the modulus.

My question to you: Do you know of any method that has been customized specially for 112 sized rounded o-rings? The response from Instron so far is that they do not have a pre-loaded method for the o-rings we'd like to test (thus why in the past the customized o-rings method was developed within our group long ago).

If more info is needed I can provide.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back