Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Instrumentation & Controls Material Handling for DRI Plant

Status
Not open for further replies.

centaur_15

Electrical
Jan 13, 2017
US
We just started a new project where we are upgrading equipment at an existing Direct Reduced Iron (DRI) plant where the output product is Hot Briquetted Iron (HBI). My work experience has been exclusively in the oil & gas industry; specifically production, well heads, etc. The DRI plant side of I&C is completely foreign to me at this time. The issue I'm having is that there is a lack of documentation and drawings received from the plant. That is a whole different subject I won't go into but let's just say I'm working blind given what I've received. I have a report to complete by Monday and have searched the internet for any good material that would help me but really haven't found much. I feel like I'm up a stream without a paddle and have a huge hole in my boat with only a teacup for bailing.

So my request to you is that if anyone has good I&C material relating to the DRI materials handling side of the industry, or related, would be greatly appreciated. Types of equipment I'm dealing with are conveyors (diverters), stackers, reclaimers, trippers, de-dusting units, etc. Any IO lists, cause & effects, and such (redacted if needed) would be very helpful for getting an idea of the types of controls involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back