Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Integrating Foxboro data highway and ethernet

Status
Not open for further replies.

ngs

Electrical
Apr 27, 2004
US
This is new to me so I would like to ask for some assistance on how to integrate a (Foxboro IA) data highway and ethernet. The ethernet will be used to send alarms from the transforer to the control room, using Allen Bradley PLC. So far this is what I have. Currently a (Foxboro IA) is used for our DCS. The data highway has 19200 baud. I would like to Install Allen Bradley PLC on eleven transformers. The (A-B PLC) will have an ethernet module and by the way I am not sure which type of (A-B PLC) to use. An ethernet (CAT-5E) will run from the PLCs to a type of conversion module, if possible to convert ethernet data to Foxboro data highway. I am trying to figure out what the difference is between a DF1 and KF2 modules and if one or both could be applicable in this project.

Please point me in the right direction.

Thanks ahead of time.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I do not think what you are seeking is currenly available.
Foxboro DCS system does not have a module that speaks the Allen-Bradley version of ethernet. In my plant we have several SLC 5/04 plcs all tied together on a DH+ network, then we use a KF-2 module to interface with the Foxboro Integrator30 via serial cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back