Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Interface Matlab and Abaqus

Status
Not open for further replies.

w.wright1399

Bioengineer
May 4, 2017
AU
Hello

I have an .inp file from Abaqus, I was wondering if there is a way for Matlab to run this file and show the results without opening Abaqus, and if it was possible to update properties such as material properties from within Matlab

Thank you

Walter

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

So, since in your enormously uninformative post I'm guessing .inp is the input data file and it is a text format. In that case you need to find out how to run abaqus solver from the command line

typically it'll be a something like

>CALL a_path/abaqus.exe <some options/switches> mynew.inp

When you've found out what that is then matlab will run the file without opening the abaqus gui, which is what you may be trying to avoid. You'll still need a license obviously. The matlab command of interest is 'dos'

As to whether you can rebuild mynew.inp around a new material properties card, obviously, yes, if it is a text file. Basically, read your file in using fopen and fgetl, expand the line to say 120 characters then edit the resulting array as necessary.

Cheers

Greg Locock

New here? Try reading these, they might help FAQ731-376

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back