Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Intersectionn 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

venomex

Automotive
Jan 12, 2015
IN
Hello,

I have two 3D curves in different planes.
Is there an Option which can create a Corner/edge of intersection between the two curves?

I need an Option similar to "Circular blend curve" but should create a Corner instead of a fillet/blended curve.

Thanks

Pratham,
Using NX 11

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

your description does not fully tell me what it is you are looking for. Maybe the below is what you look for.

There is a feature/function named "Combine curve projection", which will project two sets of profiles against each other. ( and thereby produce a third profile)
The result is very similar to extruding each profile and then create the intersection curve between the extrusions.

Many years ago, the Combine curve projection produced very complex curves.I do not know if this is different today.

Regards,
Tomas

For example consider straight line, one along X and other along Y axis.
They intersect at origin (0,0) when Extended along one of their sides.

Similarly I have 2 curves in different planes.
I can join those curves using an Option called "Circular blend curve". It does a really good Job in joing 2 curves. But my requirement is to get a Corner not a blend.

As of now I use blend curve Option and create surface, then delete blended edges to get a Corner.

Pratham,
Using NX 11

The "Trim curve" will trim curves in different planes, if it is that you are looking for. ( an illustration / image would be beneficial :)

The "direction" in the trim curve dialog dictates how the curves are projected against each-other.
( I just noticed that the Trim Curve has been updated in NX11 :)

Regards,
Tomas

01_fiyzyo.jpg

Image for reference

I want to join the red lines in 2 different planes to get a Corner.

I have used Circular blend curve to get Brown line joining them.

@ Vegetagaru
I think Bridge curve works well. I was using the Default section Option to join curves.
But the tiny Problem is that one of the curve Needs to be elongated such that we can select the Point of intersection of the other curve(using object Option). But yeah it works.
Thanks

Pratham,
Using NX 11

I still don't understand this. To me a corner has r=0. The image looks "non zero".
( Autocad used to do "trim corner" by creating a fillet arc with r=0.
In Unigraphics/NX creating a circle with r=0 is/was: "what? the radius can be anything but zero, zero would make the object disappear".)

Regards,
Tomas

Use bridge curve as stated above. Set the parameters you want, either arc percent arc distance for when the curve will start, then keep the tangency rules at "1" for a even blend curve.

Felix K. Holloway - Designer - NX 9 & 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back