Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

interval timer

Status
Not open for further replies.

enginesrus

Mechanical
Aug 30, 2003
US
Not sure if this is the correct place to ask. I'd like to know who would have a timer that I can use to run a pump for say 15 minutes on then off for maybe the same time, and do this definitely. I'd like to be able to alter those times if need be. Also for it to retain the times when unplugged.
I've searched online and not sure if the products I find do that sort of thing. I would really like to keep the cost around $50. or so. It would take under 10 amps at 120V.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

At this link, click on the Modes of Operation tab and check out the definition of the cycle timer. I think it's what you're looking for.

I use an on-delay and an off-delay timer of this brand in a commercial product work. We've used about 200 over three years. They work out of the box and we have yet to have a report of one failing in service, but the nature of the service they're in is occasional use (once a day, once a week).

The contacts are rated for 7A (probably resistive) so you'd either have to drive an interposing relay or find another 'cycle or 'interval' timer that can handle your 10 amp load. There's lots of other DIN rail mount timer relays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back