Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Invalid symbol 'sdXX' Found. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korichnevijgigant

Aerospace
Oct 7, 2009
US
SO I came across a new error that I had not seen before (had to be on friday).

I created a model of a prototype, and when it worked I wanted to roll out a family table based on the prototype for different size parts.

The prototype was made with relations controlling hole patterns, but when I created the family table I deleted the relations since the family table would not be controlling the hole patterns.

BUT!
one of the deleted relations is still showing up when I check the family table instances.

It is displaying
Line 2 Section of model RE-750198-01::Invalid symbol 'sd17' found.

and the sd17 inside of the extrude does not even exist anymore, but its still showing up.

I checked in the section relations, in the top level, and the previous relation controlling sd17 is no longer there.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Yea I checked inside of the sketch where the sd17 previously was, and there is no longer anything, I even checked in each of the instances and no relations.

I looked in all the features and I cant find sd17 anywhere.

Its not causing my models to fail, but I just hate that its showing up

There are 3 places to look for relations on a part:

Section
Feature
Part

I would also look in Program to see if the relation can be seen there as well as Model Info.

Are you sure you got rid of it? Check in the instances as well.

I originally had the relation nested in the section/sketch and when I changed it to a family table I cut it out and had it in the part level. that way if anyone here used it they would not have to dig for the relation.

I will double check, maybe it is in the extrude level.

I hardly ever use Program, but its possible as well.

FINALLY!!

I found the relation, it was in a completely different section that the section with the relation referenced. Not sure how it turned up there, very weird.

Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back