Inventor 2011 Pro Glass Objects

Status
Not open for further replies.

21Pom

Mechanical
May 1, 2010
AU
Hi All,

I see from various AutoCAD/Inventor publicity shots beautiful coloured glass objects that I would love to produce for some of our glass lights and rotating beacons. I've tried to produce this in my version of Inventor without success, is this something that only the newer versions offer.

Best Rgds,
Dave R.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

No.. "clear/transparent" materials have been possible for a long time in Inventor..
Try the polycarbonate appearance/color to start with.
Note: in previous versions (before multi-body solids) it was not possible (there is a trick) to have clear section and an opaque section in the same part file.. But I'd assume these are assemblies anyways.

Not sure which version you have but I'm sure clear materials have been around since at least Inv 8

Hi mcgyvr,

Yes, I think I'm going to need a good deal more practice at getting it right. The ones I've come up with fall far short of what I've seen, they don't seem to have the ZIP about them, still thanks for the tip.

Best Rgds,
Dave R.

Yes Autodesk has never gotten appearances "looking right" out of the box in Inventor.. They are still working on it today..
Part of that is based on the limitations of Inventor though.. Its not a "full blown" raytracing engine,etc... and older versions (and even the newer) cannot do "top notch" renderings like other programs can.
keyshot,etc..

If you stayed on subscription you would have 3ds max and Showcase though which handle that far better than Inventor.. "Realistic" rendering just isn't what Inventor is really for.. but it does a decent job for what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back