Inventor 2018 Simulation failing 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yashasvi

Mechanical
Aug 22, 2018
AU
Hi All,

I am trying to do simulation test for determining strength of leg support. issue is I get errors saying soft spring was added, improper mesh, constraint or material properties and assembly divided into 9 separate components. I checked Degree of freedom they are all zero. so there is no missing constraint. Apparently, material properties doesn't match.

I created custom material and I cant find few information like youngs modulus, shear modulus or poisons ratio for specific material. Can someone help me with this ? material is hardox 600. I searched online. it directs to ssab website but their brochures do not have these info. Please see attached pdf for error messages.

.Thanks for the help.

Also want to know difference between fixed constraint vs frictionless constraint.

Regards,
Yash

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=25ed1d2c-e72e-4b27-9ad6-c5e6ff1a4022&file=FEA_Simulation.pdf
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Use the same values for the hardox moduli (E = 30e6 psi) and poisson's ratio (0.29) as for mild steel. Only the yield and ultimate strength would change.

Um, the difference between fixed and frictionless constraints are covered in basic engineering courses (statics). Review your old textbooks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back