Inventor Educational License

Status
Not open for further replies.

banjohamster

Nuclear
Jun 19, 2009
CA
Hi everyone

Does anyone use Inventor under an Educational License? I've been using it under this license since 2017, and have had to demonstrate my eligibility a few times to renew it. This time, my educational license expired on Dec 3rd 2021, but I do not get any option to renew, or verify my educational status.  Instead I get a splash screen saying "You're confirmed" but when I close that window, I get to my personalized banner saying "License expires on Dec 3rd, 2021".

I've been dealing with support since early December on this, and it's really affecting my work now.  I've been told things as varied as "it's a known issue affecting lots of people", to "we don't know what you're issue is -- it must be SheerID [3rd party verification company]'s problem".

I'm wondering if the "known issue" thing is BS. Is there's anyone else out there who is experiencing the same issue

Thanks,
Ross

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Maybe they figure that after 4 years, 2017 to 2021, you have completed your education and are no longer entitled to use an educational license.
Are you really only using the license to learn how to use Inventor or are you doing some production designs and drawings with the licensed product?
I know some other companies that had educational licenses that have restrictions on the license usage (no commercial work) and even modify the file format so those files cannot be opened in the commercial version.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

Hi Looslib, thanks for the reply. If that's the case then Autodesk figured wrong. I'm a researcher at a university and mentor students, which is within the Educational license remit. It's incredibly frustrating. I've since heard from multiple people at Autodesk that this is a systemic problem on their end. There doesn't seem to be any resolution in sight though. Eng-Tips isn't the right forum for ranting though, so I'll take a breath....

Thanks,
Ross

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back