Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

invert show and hidden parts in solidworks 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

fzvnpg

Aug 6, 2002
US
its been discussed before but hoping someone has found a solution for showing all that's hidden and hiding all that are currently showing in on step or macro or whatever.

Cj Silver
Tooling Engineer Unilife medical
Working to remember all I forgotten

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Next to the rebuild button, there is a drop down button for the 'select' arrow. You can "Select Hidden", then right click select "Isolate"

So what does...I have over 25 different sub assemblies and easy of those are loaded ... So hiding them in graphic area is the easiest but then I need the invert the hidden with the show?

Cj Silver
Tooling Engineer Unilife Medical
yesterday was... today is ... tomorrow MAYBE?

There is an "Advanced Select" maybe that will help, if it does you can save it as a favorite selection. However there is nothing that inverts selection especially when your in Isolate mode, that I can find or do I know about.

This would be another great Enhancement request, because like you I deal with large assemblies as well.

Regards,

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
Gryphon Environmental
"If it's not broke, Don't fix it!"
faq731-376

Something else I just thought of...

I would normally suggest to make configurations, but instead you might try setting up a display state if you just want to hide components. Reason being if you try a configuration and you hide the components, they will be hidden in all configurations... you have to suppress them to not show up between configs. However you might be able to use that to your advantage to make display states per the config... just a thought to get around this for your future needs.

I personally just suppress anything I don't need so I can use configurations instead of display states. Its my personal preference as I am not a fan of display states and they seem to get confusing at times... IMO.

Hope that helps,

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
Gryphon Environmental
faq731-376

I think I found something close, but still not perfect...

If you have a series of assemblies isolated, what you need to do is highlight those assemblies in the tree, hold the ctrl-key and RMB the main assembly. You will get a menu that gives you "Invert Selection". When you select that it changes the your selection to the hidden components. You can then show them, but your still unable to hide the previously selected components.

Its close, but like I said its not perfect.

Hope that helps,

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
Gryphon Environmental
faq731-376

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back