Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP69K Linear Seals

Status
Not open for further replies.

cb68

Mechanical
Jul 5, 2003
CH
I have a shaft which is required to move linearly a total of 40mm. One end of the shaft is connected to a lead screw and motor while the other end is connected to my load which is in a dirty environment. The seal needs to meet IP69K (100 bar, 80 Celsius jet wash water at 150mm distance for 2 minutes).

Anybody had exposure to this type of application or maybe recommend a company that may have a suitable product.

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I sent your requirements to a friend of mine who works in applications for a seal company - here is what he sent back:

"We make seals for low pressure applications where the shaft moves linearly eighteen inches. The key to making it work is that an expansion metal bellows is attached to the shaft and the seal sleeve and keyed so the shaft can move through the sleeve while sleeve stays axially absolutely stationary."

Here is the web site for the company if you want to contact them directly or browse their product line:

Hope that helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back