Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPLOT AND 3D

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveVikingPE

Structural
Aug 9, 2001
US
For some reason IPLOT overrides my black and white color table (bw.ctb) and plots in color those files containing 3D objects. For example, I've drawn a 2x4 as an extruded solid of hxwxl of 3.5 in x 1.5 in x 8 ft. I've got a top, right and front view on a 2D sheet I'm trying to print. On my screen, this object is a bright magenta. I want it to be black and white on a paper print. As I indicated, I've set the color table to bw.ctb. Yet preview shows a color plot, .pdf is in color and on paper it's hard to read as it's in color.

What the f---?

I sort of pin-pointed the problem to the 3D objects. If I take them out (i.e., hide the reference file they're in - or merge them into the master as 2D view-objects) the plots are in black and white, put 'em back, it's all in color. There are not override switches I can see, etc.

any ideas - other than "why don't you check with MicroStation on the Web" are most appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back