Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

IR-UWB Radar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LRJohnston

Computer
Feb 12, 2024
US
See video below of continuous 24/7 stream of 397-434 Mhz signals in my home (dBm between -67 and -73) measured with GQ EMF-390. Scanned everything in the house, basement & garage and nothing we have is emitting this.

Suspect nearby neighbor (who is an engineer) may be running IR-UWB radar. Does this activity match what I would be likely to see if someone in a nearby home was using IR-UWB radar? May need RF engineer to come onsite for analysis. Any referrals / recommendations for someone in the Kansas City area who could take on this type of project?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks for the link. Must say that is a troubling possibility as well!

So countermeasures for either an acoustic surveillance transmitter or IR-UWB radar would be... a jammer or signal generator of some type?

I can pick up various WiFi signals (~2400 MHz) as well.

The first item in the link you sent was an "acoustic surveillance transmitter" & that is what my remark was about. I think most people would be troubled by this. But if that makes me paranoid - that's fine.

Your dbm of -67 to -73, are well below safe maximums.

If totally taken by your concerns, you'll need to build a faraday cage around yourself at home and while driving, or live underground due to satellite, and various high tech services these days.

There maybe parts of the world where there is less radiate, but then you have to worry about maleria and other dieases. Nursing homes and hospitals are also subject to rf and other signals.

Good luck,

The concern is not exposure to ~400MHz at -67 to -73 dBm. The concern is a privacy / harassment concern as there are things happening that suggest someone is aware of our movements in the home & is using that information to engage in a sound / vibration harassment campaign.

This is why I am in need of an assessment to pinpoint the exact source to take steps against the perpetrator.

The concern is a privacy / harassment concern as there are things happening that suggest someone is aware of our movements in the home & is using that information to engage in a sound / vibration harassment campaign.

This is pointless discussion; there are no systems available at the consumer level that can see through walls; you've been watching too much TV

TTFN (ta ta for now)
I can do absolutely anything. I'm an expert! faq731-376 forum1529 Entire Forum list

I wasn't suggesting a consumer product. But a skilled RF engineer could build one himself. I spoke to one local guy who has built his own radar.

400 MHz UWB has law enforcement and military use cases & has also been tested for passively monitoring vital signs in health care settings. See article:
This is clearly not a discussion at all. RF is not my area of expertise & I was simply pinging the forum to see if any experts had any insights to offer. The answer in this case is clearly – no.

If you use a transmitter of any sort in the bands you describe, you require certification and permission to avoid interfering with other services.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back