Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is GM going to new versions of NX and Teamcenter in March/April? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToolingGuy78

Automotive
Oct 23, 2009
US
I am hearing from one of our Tier 1's that GM is moving to NX 8 (or maybe 8.5) and a new version of Teamcenter as early as the end of March. Is this true?

ToolingGuy
NX 7.5.5 / NX 8.5.1 (testing)

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

That's what I've heard, but for an official conformation of this, you need to contact GM itself.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

ToolingGuy78,

Go to
You can sign up for all messages regarding GM Toolkit and GM Teamcenter. This is done under the Bulletins Tab at the top, then choose the Subscriptions tab a little lower on the page. Now for Community, change the default from Covisint to GM SupplyPower. Now you can check mark the GEES Operation - Math Collaborative Supplier and scroll to the bottom of the page and press Save Subscription.

If you do not have access to Gm SupplyPower, go to the web page and then click on the Covisint/SupplyPower Help tab and follow which path fits your description.

BTW - GM is currently targeting late May '13 to roll out NX 8.03x with Teamcenter 9.1x (patch versions are TBD).

Jim T.
NX 7.5.4.4
NX 8.0.0.25
NX 8.5.1.3

Thanks Jim,

I heard this from a second source as well. Looks like the push we need to move away from our production NX 7.5.

ToolingGuy
NX 7.5.5 / NX 8.5.1 (testing)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back