Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is it possible to turn off CGR creation and use of in V5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

texaspete

Mechanical
Nov 11, 2002
US
Hello all, I am having problems with drawing updates. I think I have narrowed the problems down to CGR's. This is what I would like to do. Stop CATIA from creating and using CGR's. My computer has the 4g of ram and plenty of hard disk place and the fastest PRocessor on the market. So is it possible to configure CATIA V5 RElease 14 to STOP creating and using CGR and us the raw catia file. I think this will stop some of failures with my drawing view updates.
Thanks to all. Texaspete

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Sorry - I'm hijacking your thread, here - but this caught my attention:

My computer has the 4g of ram and plenty of hard disk place and the fastest PRocessor on the market.

I'm curious to know what you're calling the "fastest processor on the market".

I'm not answering your question, but was slightly amused and more than curious by this statement.

Thanks.

---
CAD design engineering services - Catia V4, Catia V5, and CAD Translation. Catia V5 resources - CATBlog.

Go to Tools, Options, Infrastructure, Product Structure and select the cache management tab and de-select Work with the cache system. Be aware that if you work with very big products this will slow your machine down - regardless of how fast you think it is.

What is the problem that the CGRs are creating? If it's something repeatable, submit a PMR so that DS can eventually fix it.

We use CGRs all of the time. After R14, CATIA will automatically switch your CGR to B-REP, and even to Design Mode automatically as required.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back