Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is my setup correct for this simulation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

roldy

Aerospace
Sep 3, 2012
US
I'm not too familiar with using the SolidWorks simulation tools and would like some feedback on these setups. The first simulation has a 56,000 lbf load applied upwards to a circular region on the bottom face of the L angle. The second simulation has a 56,000 lbf load applied to a region of the edge 2.25 long. I applied it to a point on the midline, I'm not sure this is correct. Green arrows have a fixed condition. Load is applied in the area of the circle shown on the bottom face.

f93f7fab5cb5689f3eeb99100d91fa1b_mp3tvl.png

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Can you attach some pictures showing where exactly the loads and boundary conditions are applied ? In general it is usually not a good idea to apply point load on solid model since this will cause stres singularity. However you can still get good results if you read stresses away from this point. Just be careful with maximum value displayed on the contour plot. Applying force to a region on a face is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back