Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is Revit better than Staad PRO? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garry Taylor

Civil/Environmental
Oct 14, 2022
IN
Hello Guys, 

I have a lot of confusion about which is the best option: Revit or Staad Pro? Many reviewers felt that Revit met the needs of their business better than STAAD.Pro. When comparing the quality of ongoing product support, reviewers felt that STAAD.Pro was the preferred option. For feature updates and roadmaps, reviewers preferred the direction of Revit over STAAD.Pro. Which option is best for design and analysis?

Please share your thoughts with me.

Gurukul Of Civil Engineers

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

This question belies a gross lack of understanding of both programs. Do some of your own research and you'll understand why it is nonsensical.

Before you ask a question, "ask" Google what the program actually does. I agree with phamENG, your question shows a fundamental lack of knowledge regarding both programs.

I think what Garry Taylor is trying to do is create a Revit Pro, by combining the worst aspects of both Revit and Staad, he/she could finally make the ultimate structural analysis software!

There is virtually never a comparison between the two programs. STAAD is a structural analysis / FEM package. Revit is a Building Information Modeling package that doesn't do any analysis. It's for creating 3d models, drawings and such.

What a surprise!

Different people working for different companies doing different work think different programs are better for them than the other program!

As always, needs a definition of "best"....

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back