Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is there a good OO Knowledge based systems package around???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazkirby

Computer
Jul 11, 2001
GB
I want a a programming language for the development of a knowledge based system, but it also needs to be Object oriented, can anyone help? Barry Kirby
Barry@siaero.co.uk

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Java. I don't feel really qualified to answer this question because for me, programming languages have never seemed differentiated by what they are good for. Rather, they are differentiated by how a programmer thinks and how development proceeds. Most good programming languages are now OO because OO-ness forces programmers to use better designs.

LISP is a good example. It was created by AI people so, for programmers that think in a simple but highly structured way, it makes a lot of sense. It was *intended* to be good for AI programming, but instead ended up being instructive to those interested in AI - kind of like the way an old beat-up car is instructive for highschoolers that want to learn mechanics, whether or not the car itself is a good piece of machinery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back