Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is there anyway to prove equivalence of different material from different codes ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamidinho

Petroleum
Nov 29, 2022
DZ
Hello guys,

So i've got an issue with a project, we need to find an equivalent to a material from a french code which is TU37C, because it's unavailable in the market -we have only astm material-. I've done some researches and i've found out that likes of A106 Gr A, A192.. are equivalent but the issue is that its mentioned in a table on different websites and without any codes that state that these are equivalent. So i'm asking how would you guys prove it to the client ? or if there's some code that states equivalent material from different codes (like french and american or european and american)

Thank you,

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Get a copy of the ASTM document that covers the material and whatever document covers TU37C and compare them.

They will no doubt be different in some aspects, so what one really requires are the minimum properties required for the task.

If one is X tensile yield and the other is Y tensile yield and both of them exceed the required tensile yield (and factor of safety, et al,) then you are good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back