Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

is this better engine? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Rotaries have some really neat features that are theoretically possible - often vastly oversold by the marketing guys. However, physically realizing them is a different matter. Also, durability is almost always a game stopper for these engines.

Have had experience with using a vane pump as a motor. Vane wear (for heavy steel vanes) and breakage (for lightweight carbon vanes) is an issue, especially in hot, sooty environment; fouling of the vane slot was an issue too. Also, we could never get the porting to work well; either large flow losses due to small port size, or (with larger ports or more of 'em) rapid vane wear due to high edge loading on the vanes.

I dont see how the dividing plates would ever stand the combustion events, plus as Greglocock mentioned, there are lots of sealing areas that cannot be sealed effectively.

Also, whenever I see a website that spends more time on investor relations and corporate videos instead of the bread and butter stuff it reminds me of an old snake oil salesman. "Toss them enough fluff, someone will eventually bite", or "Dazzle them with brilliance, then blind them with bull****".

Franz

eng-tips, by professional engineers for professional engineers
Please see FAQ731-376 for tips on how to make the best use of Eng-Tips Fora.

I suspected as much,if it sounds too good to be true...!

I've emailed the regtech.com rep asking how many hours
will that engine last before needing an overhaul,
and they wouldnt give me straight answer just the usual sales pitch and more propaganda,
which proves its nothing to get exited about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back