Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is TRL calibration with 8753C VNA possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RFTroubleshooter

Electrical
Jun 19, 2003
DE
Hello,
i tried to figure out if it is possible to perform a TRL calibration with the 8735C VNA (HP - Agilent). In the net i found some papers that mention that it is possible. But i didn't succeeded in implementing a TRL routine in the 8753C yet. Has anyone experiences with this problem?
Thank's in advance

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Well, the 8753C doesn't have the TRL cal built into its firmware, as you probably discovered. Are you talking about writing the calibration code in an external computer and then down-loading error correction arrays into the analyzer? This would be a lengthy project, I think (I have never tried it.

Barry

Thanks for your answer!
Propably there is no easy and cheap firmware update for TRL cal available? Even though it is "just" software ;-).
I think i will do the correction computation manually with a mathematic program in an computer. That'll be much more easy than transfering the calibration code to the VNA.
Best regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back