Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ISA 20P2201 Datasheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

KaMoen

Marine/Ocean
Jan 12, 2010
NO
What does Span-Zero adjust lct mean? Can anyone tell me that, or even better where can i find datasheets for Rosemount 3051 in ISA format?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

This appears to be a typographical error. Perhaps the intention was Pct for percent. Regardless, the information published for a pressure transmitter would typically include the highest and lowest span limits. For example if you want a transmitter ranged 0-200 psig, perhaps one model is available that can be ranged from as low as 0-50 psig and as high as 0-500 psig. In this case that transmitter would be published with lower and upper range limits of 50 and 500 psig. That sort of detail is not essential when buying the device but nice after the manufacturer and model are selected to document future changes available for the model bought. The catalog often includs a minimum span that may apply if you elevate the zero.

These days with the ultra-high accuracy selection you can use one transmitter model for very widely varying range selections. Twenty years ago 0.5% of the calibrated span was common for the transmitter accuracy. Many models published 0.25% span. Today, with Rosemount you can choose a 3051S series with selections of 0.025%, 0.04% or 0.55% accuracy within the same basic model.

You can use Excel to make data sheets that look like the ISA forms. I make custom data sheets using Excel. Most of our data sheets are generated by INtools a.k.a. SPI. The ISA data sheet forms were updated to accommmodate standard field names. This is important for database generation of data sheets. It is less important if you simply want to reflect the model selections. I sometimes use the old format from the previous century and reflect the choice codes in the notes section at the bottom of the data sheets. Cover the catalog choices first. Duplicate the ISA form if required by your client.

KaMoen,

That's a great idea! -typically it's been "one man - one data sheet", but both NORSOK (some Norwegian stuff) and ISA does give smaller companies not using INtools (or similar software) the possibility to at least communicate at an early stage what they intend to supply.

Solved thanks to very good service from ISA by mr.Robinson.

Span-Zero adjust lct means if you can adjust the Zero Span and Zero localy on the transmitter. There are tree alternatives for this matter: 1. local span & zero. 2. local zero only. 3. no local span/zero. On Rosemount 3051 we have to use a HART calibrator. Therby alternative 3, no local span/zero have to be correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back