ISO 8583 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

GADC

Computer
Nov 21, 2001
PE
Hi...
I'm researching about ISO 8583. I want to know about generic or specific points about this topic. I only know that ISO 8583 is a standard refered to comunications...

If someone could give me some information or Web address about this point, I would thank him.

Guillermo.
PD. Sorry, but my english is not too well.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I realize this response is late but the ISO 8583 is a standard for creating and reading financial transaction messages including Point of Sale (POS) transactions, Automated Teller Machines (ATM) and network-to-network, real-time financial transactions. These messages enable consumers to withdrawal money from ATM's and conduct business in a real-time POS world.

It does not relate to communications standards as ISO 8583 messages can be delivered over almost any standard or legacy communications protocol for the financial industry.

Hi Meade. Your response isn't late because I am still looking for more information about this topic. If you know, Could you give me some web pages where I can get info about ISO 8583 ?

Thanks,
Guillermo.

Hi,

I'm even later than the other guys. We can answer any of the questions you have on ISO 8583 payment messages and we have a Java product called Message Mapper which allows ISO 8583 messages to be understood and reformatted into a message format which can be easily understood (e.g. XML or a fixed message format rather than bit mapped).

Check out
Regards

Peter

hello!
I am looking for information on ISO 8583 and the implementation of the same in exchange of imformation between the core banking module and the xternal delivery channels.
thanx
fayaz.

dear peter,
thank you for the response. we are trying to make our core banking system ISO8583 ready so that it are able to integrated it with any external delivery channels. we are looking farword for information in this direction.
thank you in anticipation
regards
fayaz.

ISO defines the message that has to be transmitted between the ATM and the switch in order to perform the customer transaction.

ISO defines many message class which can be classified in two types namely request or advice, which are also classified into numbers namely
X100 Authorization message
X200 Financial Transaction
etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back