ISOMETRIC DRAWINGS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ismail06

Mechanical
Jan 1, 2011
GB
HELLO

JUST I WANT TO KNOW IF IT IS NECESSARY TO MENTION ON ISO DRAWINGS THE OPERATION AND DESIGN CONDITIONS
OR TO REFER JUST THE LINE LIST PIPING

PLEASE COULD SOMEONE CLARIFY TO ME THE SITUATION

SALUTATIONS
GHAZI

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It depends, but in general Id say yes. Must whoever reads the isometric know p and T conditions, and/or does he/she own a copy of the line list? In > 95% of the cases Id say it's good practice to include p and T conditions on the ISO (at least design, preferably operating too).

Huub
- You never get what you expect, you only get what you inspect.

Like most things, it varies. Sometimes service parameters are called out on each drawing, sometimes theres a lead sheet/service index, sometimes its just on the line list, or some combination.

There's no single answer that will be used on every project, possibly unless you're working wholly internally and following your own in-house standard.

If these will be used for pipe stress analysis, that would be very handy information.

A black swan to a turkey is a white swan to the butcher ... and to Boeing.

I do it both ways depending on the job and contract/contractor. Best to put the test/hydro, stress relieve and such on the ISO, but sometimes, it's all similar fluid and unnecessary...such on asphalt lines in the tankfarm.

Often, a client will supply their backing sheet with a block for the information they are accustomed to having. So if there is a box for it, then supply it.

If you are working from scratch and you have the linelist data, then I'd suggest putting everything pertinent to the fabrication of the pipe and then review with the client.

PositiveRate

Ismail

1) Please don't use all capitals, it usually means some one is SHOUTING....
2) Necessary? No, but it is a good idea
3) What software are you using? A lot of 3D packages now spit out Isos, so the information is already there, so why not use it. Manually produced might be more time consuming.

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

Agreed that, IMO, in the engineering design, it's benefit to print the info, such as P&T, piping spec, inspection & test, etc., on the iso's drawing. The drawing can be used for multiple teams, including Designer and Engineer squad check, fabrication, and inspection, etc. And, these info can be readily available in the piping data base with 3D model program without any effort.

I prefer design data to be in one place, and isometric drawings refer to it.
Any revisions to the design should be in one place.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back