Issue with Bystronic BL 1500 Laser Software CNC-90 ver. K4825A DOSbox 0.74

Status
Not open for further replies.

DawidFirlej

Industrial
Jan 11, 2024
PL
Hello,

Recently, we have encountered a problem with one of our Bystronic BL 1500 lasers. The machine was turned off for a few days, and upon restarting, we faced difficulties with launching the CNC-90 software. We have a separate computer running Windows Vista with DOSBox 0.74 installed, utilizing two serial ports - one connected to the Bystronic CPU card and the other to the PROCOM card.

After trying various combinations with the computer's backup disks and changing COM ports, we managed to start the application. However, there is an issue with the drives visible in DOS. Before the malfunction, pressing the <DISC> button would display: [5 1/4] [3 1/2] [HD 1] [HD 2]. Currently, only the [5 1/4] and [3 1/2] tabs are visible, and I have no idea where [HD 1] and [HD 2] went, which were used to select saved programs.

I am running out of ideas on why these "Drives/Partitions/Folders" are not visible and how to diagnose it. In theory, I can load the program using the <INPUT> function and providing the path, but it seems like the position parameters do not match. Therefore, I kindly seek assistance from more experienced individuals in diagnosing the cause of this situation.

If anyone has any ideas on where to look for the cause, I would be sincerely grateful for guidance.

Best regards,
Dawid Firlej

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You have to hit shiftlock and F1 while in the menu that shows the drives at the top of the screen and reconfigure the drive list. I have a lot of CNC90/dosbox experience. Feel free to call or txt 706-627-7854

Chris Krug Maximum Up-time, Minimum BS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back