Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Issue with Custom Buttons(New user command) NX9 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'd recommend listing ALL steps you're taking between creating the custom command and changing the role in customer defaults. I cannot find a customer default related to role other than whether or not the window state is retained, which has nothing to do with custom commands.

That I am aware, normally one saves a role and distributes it to users for them to load or with which to replace their default role file, not point NX to a role via defaults.

Tim Flater
NX Designer
NX 9.0.3.4 Win7 Enterprise x64 SP1
Intel Core i7 2.5GHz 16GB RAM
4GB NVIDIA Quadro K3100M

Roles are not controlled by "customer defaults" ( The NX internal defaults mechanism)
You can set a system variable "UGII_DEFAULT_ROLE" to "push" a specific role onto unsuspecting users. :)
We defined a common role where we added a few buttons and removed a few buttons from the home tab, before we rolled out NX10.
We then used this variable.

Is this something you do for your own workstation only OR are these custom buttons to be used by a number of colleagues ?
i.e will the buttons be used on this computer only OR on 5-100's other computers ?

The recommendation will be different depending on the number.
If you add buttons on YOUR computer only,
When you have defined your own groups and you want these groups to be shown in different roles.
1 ) save a user defined Role.
( When you make changes to the role, RMB-edit the role, Use current session...+ OK
2) change to another role.
RMB somewhere on the menus, Customize...
- Commands( Tab) My Items- My Groups - drag "my group xyz" to the toolbar.
Close the customize dialog.
Save a NEW role with this group included.

Btw, why do you change Role?
As soon as i had selected the initial concept i have not changed since.

Regards,
Tomas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back