Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Issues with Catia V5R20 help file RemovedMulti-Sections.CATPart 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbarata

Automotive
Aug 14, 2012
Hello, my friends

I'm having some problems with this part example from V5R20 (RemovedMulti-Sections.CATPart). Apparently it is not possible to create a Removed Multi-Section in this part. From other tutorials I've found in the web, one way to minimize any problems right from the start is to put the arrows on all the closing points pointing to the same directio. This is not working here.
In my understanding, the problem is caused by the closong points, which are on opposite sides. Can I change them from one side to the other?

Thank you

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hello rbarata,

Yes, the problem is caused by the closing point (which gives the Update Error: ... The extrusion of a vertex of the profile leads to a cusp. ...), and yes, you can change the closing point by right-clicking on the text "Closing Point_" and selecting Replace. After you do that you can select a point or a vertex of your choosing.

Hope this helped,
Best of luck!

CATIA V5R21 – mold tool design engineer

Many thanks, Tibix

It worked. One more question...I noticed tha the closing points are created automatically but something tells me that the criteria followed by CATIA has something to do wit the way how I construct the sketch. Is this true? And, if so, how can I "force", in sketch design, the closing point to be located in a determined location?

Glad I could help rbarata,

Well, I am sure that CATIA has a built-in algorithm which chooses the closing point, but I have no idea how that can be enforced when creating the sketch (sometimes CATIA gets it right but most of the times... not).

CATIA V5R21 – mold tool design engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back