Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Issues with the CREO lattice tool 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

multigrid

Industrial
Nov 2, 2019
DE
Hello forum,
We currently have the option to use the new CREO 6 Additive addon.

We are interested in the formula based lattices that are in there and will come even more with creo 7.

Well here is the issue:

It does not work like shown here:

I select my "volume" where the lattice should sit.
I chose some of the minimal surface bodies - in this case, the gyroid.

before_ypcjhi.jpg

When we go for preview or even run the feature, we do not get a pattern, we get just the one minimal surface body sitting at the initial coordinate system.

after_vtrfmd.jpg

Well, does anybody know what could be the issue here?

From the current stance, we would strongly advise avoiding this functionality in CREO 6 - don't buy it yet if interested - it's certainly not ready yet!

Regards

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

@multigrid

I've had a little bit of experience with this in Creo 5. I know it took me a while to play around with it to totally understand what did what...
That being said, make sure that your sizes make sense within your model. That's my first recommendation. My second idea would be to make sure you have the correct faces selected within the body. Creo should have a little "graduation cap" in the top corner. This is the "PTC Learning Connector" and if you have a trial or license you should be able to log in and try to find an example to help. I would highly suggest trying an example to get the hang of it.

I hope this helps.

-K

@multigrid

With PTC you should have a log in; I would recommend using that log in information and trying to fill out a support request. You can try to explain what has happened and why you weren't able to use the trial for "x" days. It sounds crazy but don't make it sound like an excuse but more of a problem/issue/dilemma. They might be able to extend your trial.

-K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back