Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

it can seem a stupid thread... (related to names of sketches/features)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sisau

Mechanical
Mar 5, 2010
SE
my question seems stupid. but my problem lies in the way that SW gives names automatically to the sketches, features...

if i draw a sketch it receives the name "sketch 1" (for example). if i erase it and i draw another sketch it receives the name "sketch 2".

of course i know i can change the name of the sketch, but all my problems appear in the moment that the name "sketch 2" instead of "sketch 1" is given to the sketch.

i guess there isn't any way to change it, but if you have some idea i would be really grateful!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You should not worry about the Sketch names when SW makes it, because really you should rename them if you need it for something special like a Design Table. Otherwise I would suggest to ignore it. As for features I suggest the same thing.

But CBL is right you can't change the numbers to start over and recount.

Regards,

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
"If it's not broke, Don't fix it!"
faq731-376

I got into the habit of naming all my features years ago, but sketches I leave alone.

Naming features helps other users work on the model. It also helps me jump around more easily. I consider it part of being a good 'CAD citizen'.

Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back