Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IUA 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DannyNC

Mechanical
Nov 26, 2001
CA
Hi,
Could you help me with installation (as a user) of a Myiua.iuaproc function?
Many Thanks,
Daniel

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

U need to check the place where u have the iuaproc by the command :
catpath -A -l catia.iuaproc_usr , one will be in the catadm's home and if you have more you can put it in.

Stan

DannyNC,

I have just been through this maze and suggest this as an introduction to IUA programming -

1. To get to know the menus, choose IUA from the Palette, then File, which should present a screen with Standard and User IUA directories. Initially there is probably only Standard and it is probably already selected. In step 2 below we will add a User entry to the list. First however, go to Execute or Modify, see a blank screen initially, clear the input field if necessary and hit Return to see a list of existing IUA procedures. Choose Modify, do the same thing, then choose one from the list, get to see some real IUA code!

2. Presumably you have already found the IUA language documentation?

3. Somewhere in step 1 there was a directory path at the top of a screen. Make a note of that, then create a directory of your own ($HOME/MYIUADIR) and copy one of the existing IUAs into there.

4. Set up a declaration to tell the system where your private directory is. In USRENV.dcls add
catia.IUAPROC_USER = '$HOME/MYIUADIR'
You need to check out the detail of IUAPROC_USER, I am away
from my Catia machine at the moment and can't double-check it. There are also IUAPANEL_USER and IUALOAD_USER but I have not yet designed my own menu panels nor written my own Fortran subprograms to load, so have just ignored those two, (and it has worked for me).

5. Start a new session for the new dcls to take effect, then hopefully do the IUA>FILE thing and see your directory listed as a USER file option. Select that, then go to Execute or Modify and FWD/BKWD through the list until you find your copied procedure showing in the list in a different colour (green for me).

6. Of course the first thing anyone does is to create a "hello world" program, also - rule number 1 - never do anything from scratch when you can hack some existing, so make a renamed copy of your copied program and get hacking to make it do what you want to do!

7. Believe me it actually does become fun after a while!

Cheers,

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back