Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Jack 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdwispe

Mechanical
Jun 3, 2004
BE
Is there anybody with a Jack-License that can create me a dummy person?

For a visualisation of machinery I would like to add a male to the top assy to show the size of these assy's compaired to a human.

This data may be sended in parasolid or step if this is possible, cause I do not need to modify this male.

With many thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Jack, the NX Human is from memory NOT made up of sheets or solids but of articulated faceted bodies. I have used it in the past and it has some utility, but I don't currently have a license for that product.

Best Regards

Hudson

www.jamb.com.au

Nil Desperandum illegitimi non carborundum

It appears that the Eng-Tips download/upload scheme is appending a .txt extension to any 'text' file which is loaded. A Parasolid .x_t file is just that, a Parasolid model saved as a text file (there is also an option to save it as a binary file, and while text files are larger, they are also more compatible when sharing across different OS's). So just edit the file name, removing the .txt extension and then you can either import the .x_t file into the currently active NX part file using...

File -> Import -> Parasolid...

...or you can do a...

File -> Open...

...and change, at the bottom of the dialog, the 'Files of type: setting to 'Parasolid Text Files (*.x_t)' and just open it directly as a new NX part file.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Design Solutions
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back