Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Jalloy AR400 Round bar stock

Status
Not open for further replies.

JenMX

Materials
Nov 7, 2023
US
A customer of mine has been using Jalloy AR 400 1" and 1/2" round bar stock for use in a sandblast cabinet. Round stock no longer available, Has anyone searched for and found an acceptable replacement ? I have a few options in mind but wanted to ask anyway. Thank you

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Off the top of my head with my limited metallurgy expertise, the easy answer is AR500, just depends on how strict the requirements are and what you have access to.

Thank you "Lucky- guesser" - Have you used Jalloy ar 400 before ? Just curious as to why an AR400 wouldn't be closer- is Jalloy a higher quality product with a higher brinnel ?

Until just now looking into it I didn’t realize it was different from standard AR400. Info seems a bit limited but it seems like it may be a more abrasion resistant variant. Standard AR400 would likely be the next best thing, but again it comes down to customer requirements. If you are having a hard time locating the jalloy version I would just suggest the standard, but make them give the official go ahead before beginning production.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back